What's clear is that Mikey's personal physician gave him a heavy anesthetic the night before he died. What isn't clear is whether he ever woke up in the morning. The drug in question (propofol) is quite dangerous and is usually only administered in hospitals, because it can cause breathing problems.
Granted, Mikey had issues. But he was not overweight or diabetic, and appeared in decent shape compared to other big stars. His sudden heart attack at 50 was unexpected, and now we know why. He might have lived another 20 years at least - had this douchebag with an MD not poisoned him!
(And don't even get me started on the cosmetic surgery that made him look like an alien. Some doctor did that to him, too.)
The physician's rule is "First, do no harm," and I wish every vocation had such noble priorities. But I find it strange to hear physician-scientists on the web constantly criticizing alternative medicine but never thinking to question the dangers of their own profession. Jackson's death is a reminder that medical technology is a double-edged sword. Physician, heal thyself!